Last updated 28th September 2017
Wilson James Ltd is a company registered in England (registration number 2269560) whose registered office is at Chalkwell Lawns, 648-656 London Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex SS0 9HR.
Wilson James understands the importance of keeping information about you confidential and secure. We therefore make it our highest priority to ensure that we look after your information and use it responsibly. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information we collect may include your personal information but primarily will be business related information, in other words information capable of identifying you as a particular individual or identifying a business, such as your first name, last name, email address and mobile number.
Wilson James may collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- When you perform actions within Fulcrum your user name, type of action performed, date, time and location may be recorded. This information is then retained and presented as audit trails throughout Fulcrum. If your account is closed, suspended, banned or deleted, the audit trial will remain unchanged.
- Data held within Fulcrum does not have an expiry date. This is to assist with research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes.
- When you sign into our services via website or app you will need to provide an email address and password to gain access to our services.
- When you use some of our services you may need to provide us with your location or alternatively your location will be automatically collected via Wi-Fi and Global Position System (GPS) data.
- When you provide us with your email address, name and other relevant information to enable us to tailor our communications with you.
- When you participate in questionnaires and surveys you may need to provide us with personal information including your name, email address and other information that we might request.
- When you contact our support team, you may need to provide us with your personal information to verify your account and contact details. In addition, we may record your calls for quality and training purposes.
- We may receive information about you from other third party sources/systems.
- We may collect your personal information for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes.
- We may collect anonymous details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes.
- If you enter details on behalf of others, you confirm that you have advised them of the details being entered and the reason why this information is needed.
- If you use the LiveChatInc Service for live support we will ask several questions to help influence the selection of an agent. This will include your name and project, Fulcrum booking reference. We may change this from time to time, but it is always to help get you an answer as quickly as possible.
- All Live chat session are kept on record, even if your Fulcrum account is suspended or deleted.
- Wilson James reserves the right to ban any user who abuses Fulcrum or LiveChatInc. Reasons for banning include;
- Offence or derogatory language towards the Agents. There are there to help you.
- Spamming of unrelated content to the agents
- Creating one or more accounts in a deliberate attempt to confuse the situation
- Harassing agents with unsolicited comments.
- Promoting or referring to inappropriate content.
- We use LiveChatInc to help us deliver you with great customer service. The use of this tool is optional, but we do encourage you to use it. Information about Livechatinc’s Security and Data Storage can be found here: https://www.livechatinc.com/kb/livechat-security-and-data-storage/
- LiveChatInc is part of the Privacy Shield. The details can be found here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000L16xAAC&status=Active
- When you start a live chat session with us, the Fulcrum Agents have the following information
- Your IP address, which will also give us a country of origin (i.e. UK, Germany, Spain etc). We have a few multilingual people in the team. If we can help by using a native language we will try and allocate an appropriate Agent.
- The IP address may also give us your location, but if you are working on a business network, this may be the server’s physical address rather than your actual address.
- If you have used the live chat more than once, LiveChatInc will replace your IP address with your name (submitted when starting the first chat session). We are then able to view a complete chat history. This helps us review previous chats and actions taken.
- We know how many times you have used Fulcrum (visits) and how many chats you have had with us previously.
- We know how you arrived at LiveChatInc (most commonly via wj-fulcrum.co.uk)
- We know which Internet browser you are using along with the current version of that browser. This helps us diagnose any issues and help you get a resolution to the issue.
- We know which operating system you are using. Again this helps us resolve any technical issues.
Use of Information
The information collected will be primarily used for business use in running the services provided by Wilson James and its partners. We may use this information to contact you with further details of business activities, updates and events etc.
We may use the information we collect for research purposes so we can improve the products and services that we offer.
By providing your email address and phone number, you agree that we may send information to you by email or call you in relation to business activities and services.
We require people to provide the name they use in real life; that way, you and all other users will know who has performed actions throughout the system. The only exception to this will be Fulcrum performs automated actions and will be recorded as such.
Please don't add any of these to your name:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation
- Characters from multiple languages
- Titles of any kind (ex: professional, religious)
- Words or phrases in place of a middle name
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind
Other things to keep in mind:
- The name you use should be the name your friends call you in real life
- Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert).
- Accounts are for individual use only. No collective group, organisations and businesses accounts will be permitted. Invalid accounts may be deleted without notice.
- Pretending to be anything or anyone isn't allowed.
We may share your details with carefully selected partners for business activities and research. We always vet our partner organisations thoroughly and we will never sell your details to any third party. You consent to us providing your details to our selected partners in this way.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we deem it necessary to comply with the law, prevent fraud, protect Wilson James/Fulcrum’s property rights or protect any person from death or serious injury.We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Fulcrum or our users.
Your personally identifiable information may be transferred if Wilson James is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
- To record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your preferences.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to customise features and services we provide.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our content and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
When you upload files and images you accept that these items will be visible by others user who have appropriate access rights to the bookings. Services that support Fulcrum will back up and store any file uploaded. You give us permission to do those things, and this permission extends to our affiliates and trusted third parties we work with.
You are responsible for your conduct, your files and you must comply with our Terms and Conditions Policy. Content in the Services may be protected by others' intellectual property rights. Please don't copy, upload, download or share content unless you have the right to do so.
We may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms and Conditions Policy. With that said, we have no obligation to do so. Wilson James are not responsible for the content users post and share via Fulcrum. However, Wilson James reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing someone else’s copy rights and terminate accounts of repeat infringers.
Please safeguard your files where possible by adding passwords and make sure that the password is kept to only those that need access. We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too.
We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. We use third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Fulcrum. Although we own the code, databases, and all rights to the Fulcrum application, you retain all rights to your data. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
Wilson James may revise or update this policy periodically. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to your email address or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means, but the easiest and most direct way is via the Live Chat icon in the bottom right corner of wj-Fulcrum.co.uk.
- Phone us at: 01702 346222;
- e-mail us at Fulcrum@wilsonjames.co.uk; or
- Write to us at our Support Office address: Chalkwell Lawns, 648-656 London Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex SS0 9HR